OpenKey has just released its new mobile app Version 3.0, which is a further enhancement for hotels guests to get key amenities.
While the previous iteration only allowed users to call the hotel’s front desk for various shortcuts to hotel services, OpenKey Version 3.0 will have additional capabilities including:
- Directions: providing driving directions to the hotel from the user’s current location. This new feature alerts the hotel precisely when to expect a guest arrival, making the check in process faster and simpler.
- Location: this feature allows a guest to see how far they are from the hotel.
- ETA Update: guests being able to modify their estimated arrival time (if previously given) so the hotel can ensure their room is ready prior to arriving.
- Mobile Check-In: ID scan for registration enabling the hotel to send a mobile key one day prior to arrival.
- Hotel Search: allowing guests to search for hotels that currently use OpenKey.
- Amenities: traveler’s ability to call and book a variety of hotel amenities directly from the app.
Participating hotels will be able to let front desk staff check a guest in, and offer a mobile key directly. The app can recognize international phone numbers, so that incoming guests can be served more easily with pre-arrival features. Jon Alsup, director of product development, OpenKey added this:
“OpenKey is constantly evolving its technology to include additional features that will enhance the user’s experience. Providing guests the ability to book a massage, check-in pre-arrival and enjoy the convenience of a mobile key helps provide a memorable experience.”
Guests who use OpenKey are better able to design their own hotel and stay experiences, which is the emerging trend as more and more travelers operate everything from mobile. Improved efficiency not only helps cure guest woes, but it also frees up hotel staff to do the work of guest satisfaction on the ground.
OpenKey Version 3.0 is immediately available to download for iOS devices in the iTunes store; the Android version will be available on June 1.
Founded in 2014, OpenKey is reinventing the hospitality experience through its mobile access solution. The OpenKey app is the industry standard for universal mobile key technology and works with the majority of digital hotel locks. Hotels and their guests benefit from OpenKey’s platform providing efficiency, easy guest access, and paired with existing hotel mobile offerings. OpenKey is a privately held company located in Plano, Texas. The company has been funded by 12 of the largest hotel ownership and management companies in the world. The app is available for both iOS and Android devices. For more information, please visit www.openkey.co.