Hertz and Navigation Solutions have announced a next generation Hertz NeverLost® GPS navigation system with more customization capabilities for travelers. Available in the US for now, the all new breakthrough navigation tools solves the pains of planning trips in an on board way.
According to the news from Hertz, the new system syncs up with the recently launched Hertz NeverLost® Companion app. This combination now gives travelers access to more than 10 million U.S. destinations on mobile devices. Hertz NeverLost® is available for every vehicle rental, and includes the following features:
- Hands-Free Calls – For ease and safety on the road, pair with a smartphone to make and receive calls and access contacts. Phone numbers for points of interest within the device can also be dialed.
- Travel Guide – Explore the city and discover local events. Quickly search through thousands of points of interest and get even more out of the trip with accompanying audio, images and descriptions.
- Weather, Flights & More – Discover special events and local attractions and get access to weather and flight information.
- NeverLost Concierge – Live concierge operators are available to help search for destinations, build custom trips and send route information directly to the NeverLost system.
- Companion App – Stay connected with the NeverLost Companion app to sync favorites, explore the area and search for destinations from any location.
- My Favorites – Enter download codes or use the USB flash drive to access trips built on NeverLost.com, the Companion app, or excursions built by the NeverLost Concierge team.
- Contact Hertz – The device is programmed with all necessary Hertz phone numbers. And with hands-free calling, Hertz can be contacted with a paired smartphone with the press of a button.
- Rental Record Info – View current rental record information on the device.
Rob Moore, Hertz Chief Technology Officer, had this to say about the new system:
“We’re thrilled to be rolling out the newest version of Hertz NeverLost across the U.S. to offer travelers a sophisticated, yet easy-to-use navigation tool when renting with Hertz. With the instantaneous connection to our new Companion app, the NeverLost system has become a first-of-its-kind within the travel industry, shaping the wave of the future for navigation technology.”
To learn more about the new generation of Hertz NeverLost®, visit www.NeverLost.com.
– See more at: http://www.gisuser.com/content/view/33894/2/#sthash.I9B0V7CD.dpuf