For those of you headed to Tuscany this Summer, the 41-suite boutique Hotel Castello di Casole is one option that should not be overlooked. Located on a most picturesque 4,200-acre estate, the hotel offers not only a wellness center and superb regional cuisine, but incomparable vineyards and a wondrous game reserve too. Timbers Resort’s announced the grand opening of the former 10th century castle yesterday.
This fabulous property, less than an hour outside Florence, was once the home of Italian nobilíty. The opening reprsents a unique vacation opportunity for travelers to the region world famous for its wines and scenic splendor. Hotel Castello di Casole offers five unique styles, blending grand Italian design and custom furnishings, with the region’s great outdoors and spectacular scenic panoramas.
Private gardens for the suites, terraces, and expansive glass windows to let in Tuscany’s views, highlight this hotel opening news. David Burden, CEO and founder of Timbers (image above) Resorts, offered comment on the opening news:
“The opening of Hotel Castello di Casole is a very proud moment for the entire Timbers Resorts and Castello di Casole teams. Being a part of this extraordinary castle’s restoration has been a highlight of my career. The estate and hotel epitomise the best of the Timbers Resorts brand and hospitality and will be a gem in our portfolio for many years to come.”
Some highlights of the hotel are listed below:
- The three bedroom, two-story, 3,350 square foot Bargagli Penthouse with spacious private terrace
- Fine-dining venue Ristorante Tosca serving a range of Castello di Casole Executive Chef, Daniele Sera’s, local Tuscan cuisine using fresh local produce from the hotel’s gardens, and extra virgin olive oil produced on the estate
- Gourmet pizzeria Pazzia featuring a traditional wood burning pizza oven, an espresso bar and gelateria
- Bar Visconti – named after Italian filmmaker Luchino Visconti, who once lived at the Castello –offering bottles of the estate’s private label vintage, as well as exquisite cocktails and hors d’oeuvres
- 5,400-square-foot Essere Spa, in what was originally the estate’s wine cellar, features seven treatment rooms with barrel-vaulted ceilings and restored stone walls. Treatments are inspired by natural products indigenous to Tuscany, including olive oil, rosemary and grape seeds whileguests also have access to a TechnoGym® fitness facility and outdoor gardens for yoga and Pilates classes
- A restored 18thcentury chapel perfect for both wedding ceremonies and private social gatherings
The gala event held at the hotel was attended by local dignitaries like Mayor of Casole d’Elsa, Piero Pii, as well as the aforementioned Timbers CEO and other guests. To honor the event, a special grand opening offer, from now – August 31, 2012, guests can reserve “Book 4, Stay Free” which includes a complimentary 4th night. Opening rates start at €630 per night. And for those who have not set out their travel plans for July and August, know that Tuscany is a dream. Sure it’s hot and muggy, so be prepared on the climactic end of things, but to see how trips to the region go, we suggest reading this Fodor’s review by an avid traveler.
For more information or to book this rate, call 800-785-7429 in the US, +39-0577-967-557 outside the US or by emailing email@example.com. To learn more, visit www.castellodicasole.com. Interested parties can also connect with Timbers and the hotel via this Facebook profile, or here on Timbers Reports’ Twitter. We leave you with a wonderful description of this fantastic property. You may also be interested in the properties for sale here too.
We are going here, that’s for sure.