A recent survey by CheapHotels.org revealed the most expensive USA and Canada destinations for this August. The survey used a special algorithm for every destination in the USA and Canada with a minimum of 20 regular hotels or inns. The survey aims to establish the cheapest available double rooms during the August 1–31, 2014.
Among the top 10 most expensive destinations, Nantucket ranked as North America’s most expensive destination in terms of its lodging cost. Maine’s Portland ranked second, and was followed by Martha’s Vineyard, south of Cape Cod in Massachusetts. The complete list follows below:
- Nantucket (Massachusetts) $301
- Portland (Maine) $276
- Martha’s Vineyard (Massachusetts) $274
- Montauk (New York) $264
- Cape May (New Jersey) $243
- Kennebunkport (Maine) $231
- Saratoga Springs (New York) $230
- Santa Monica (California) $226
- Provincetown (Massachusetts) $214
- Ogunquit (Maine) $203
The most expensive Canadian destination, Jasper, in Alberta, ranked 12th, with $194 per cheapest available double room.