For some people, Valentines Day is the most romantic day of the year. While the typical Valentine’s Day date is a romantic dinner at a local restaurant, taking a getaway can be the perfect way to reconnect with a spouse or significant other. Here are the top 10 romantic Valentine’s Day Getaways:
10. For a romantic overseas getaway, Vienna, Austria is a great choice. A cheaper alternative to Paris, Vienna can be just as romantic. Vacation rental prices are competitive for the entire month of February in Vienna. This beautiful city is famous for its music venues, architecture, breathtaking parks and famous attractions, such as the Giant Ferris Wheel. This city is a great choice for any active couple who wants to soak up the culture of Austria.
9. History buffs will want to explore Savannah, Georgia, also known as the largest and most historic landmark district in America. The city’s architecture dates back to before the Civil War. Savannah is home to many impressive museums, making it the perfect choice for couples passionate about U.S. History.
8. Couples who like to ski should choose Deer Valley, Utah as their destination for a romantic Valentine’s day celebration. Deer Valley was named Ski Magazine’s Top Ski Resort. Couples can rent a condo where they can enjoy several luxuries and amenities that will make their Valentine’s Day celebration one they will never forget. Adventurous couples will have a blast on Deer Valley’s many ski slopes.
7. If an unpredictable getaway sounds appealing, a trip to Crete, Greece to celebrate Valentine’s Day can be a truly exciting experience. The coastline of Greece is a stunningly beautiful place for any couple to relax and enjoy some romance. Possible activities include shopping, hiking through the mountains, exploring the beaches and checking out the world class museums Greece has to offer. February does not fall during the tourist season in Greece, which means the beaches and historic villages will not be packed, allowing a couple to spend some quality time together in peace and quiet.
6. Nature lovers will want to choose Arizona’s Grand Canyon for their romantic getaway. Whitewater rafting is a popular activity in this historic landmark. Couples can also enjoy a beautiful sunset before camping out near the Grand Canyon. Snuggling together on a cold winter’s night can be a romantic experience for even the most jaded couples out there.
5. Big city lovers will want to make a trip to the city that never sleeps, a.k.a New York City, for an amazing Valentine’s Day celebration. Couples can enjoy taking a horse-drawn carriage ride through New York City’s famous Central Park. The nightlife in New York City is fast-paced and offers many restaurants that are perfect for a romantic Valentine’s Day. Theatre lovers will want to check out a show on Broadway during their romantic trip to New York City.
4. For those who want to escape the cold weather for Valentine’s Day, a great choice is California’s Laguna Beach. The average temperature on a February day in Laguna Beach is 68 degrees, making a romantic walk on the beach a great option. Many art festivals and wine tastings are held in Laguna Beach in February. Couples can even rent a villa on the beach for a truly romantic experience.
3. London, England can be a great choice for a romantic getaway. Daytime activities for couples visiting London include taking a stroll through Hyde Park. Couples can also take a cruise via the London Eye.
2. Wine lovers will want to travel to Napa Valley, California for a Valentine’s Day celebration that includes wine tasting. Other romantic activities include a day at the spa or a ride on a hot air balloon.
And the number one place for a romantic getaway is…
…Niagra Falls. Also a popular honeymoon destination, the Niagra Falls is a beautiful and romantic experience every couple should indulge in.