Holiday Market, an international tourism fair, opened its gates at The Parliament Palace in Bucharest on March 17. The fair, organized by the National Association of Travel Agencies in Romania, remains open till Sunday March 20, 2011. This is the second edition of the fair, after the resonant success last year.
Amongst the main events of the opening ceremony we mention the release of a new airline route to the Romanian seaside and the release of the first tourism television from Romania. The opening day saw 4000 visitors, members of the media, general public and travel agents.
Holiday Market offers for the visiting public early bookings and registrations for Romanian destinations and early bookings for foreign destinations. In addition, visitors may attend special events, presentations of touristic destinations and products, and may also enter contests with attractive prizes, such as:
- 3 vacations in Albena – a contest held on Facebook – as follows: one all-inclusive week for this summer; one Easter stay; one SPA weekend
- Holiday Market Lottery
- Universal Turism offers discounts to 30% on packages booked during Holiday Market Tourism Fair
The prizes for the Holiday Market Lottery are:
- 1 stay of 7 nights in Croatia , Hotel Tirena 3* provided by PARALELA 45 TURISM
- 1 stay of 7 nights in Croatia, The Island KRK provided by PARALELA 45 TURISM
- 7 nights at the Iaki Hotel 4*, Mamaia provided by Iaki Hotel 4*
- 1 stay of a week in Bulgaria provided by ALLTUR
- 1 stay for 2 people in Corfu , 3* Hotel, provided by EUROPA TRAVEL
- 5 Eurolines Bus Tickets provided by EUROLINES
- 7 nights at the Hotel Mistral Resort 3*- Moieciu de sus , provided by MISTRAL RESORT MOIECIU –MISTRAL TOURS
- 2 Constanța City Pass Attractions Cards provided by MISTRAL TOURS
- 1 prolonged weekend for 3 nights at Hotel Aquarell , Hungary , provided by HOTEL BEST WESTERN – AQUARELL
- 1 stay of 7 nights in Greece – Halkidiki- Sithonia , provided by MELITOURS
- 4 ticketd valid for 4 months on the following routes : Cluj, Timisoara, Bucuresti, Londra, Istanbul, provided by MEDALLION AIR
2011’s edition of Holiday Market reunites over 100 exhibitors, in a surface of over 5000 square meters, where the A.N.A.T. tourism agencies present their offers. Other participants include Tourism Agencies of other countries in Romania, foreign partners of Romanian agencies from Delta Dunării, Maramureş, Bucovina, Braşov, Sighişoara, Sibiu, Prahova, Râşnov, Gorj, and also local authorities – The City Hall of Câmpulung, The City Hall of Alba Iulia, The County Council of Harghita. The Minister of Tourism and Regional Development participates with its own stand, for the promotion of Romanian Touristic Brand.