Jet2 has announced adding an extra aircraft and putting another 100,000 seats on sale for Summer 19 from London Stansted. Citing strong demand and other upticks, the airline is offering a variety of value package holidays for customers in the South and South East of England.
According to the airline, this latest expansion means that we will be 12 aircraft based in London Stansted next summer, meaning more choice and flexible durations to the most popular destinations. Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays offered this:
“This is great news for customers in the South and South East of England who are looking to enjoy a great value package holiday in the sunshine next summer. Continued demand means we are adding extra aircraft and increasing capacity by over 100,000 seats, giving local holidaymakers even more choice and flexibility with our award-winning airline and package holiday business. As the leading tour operator out of London Stansted, we are delighted to be adding more choice to a number of fantastic destinations including Turkey, Cyprus, Greece and Spain.”
The addition of a new aircraft means another 100,000 seats are going on sale today – taking seat capacity at London Stansted next summer to over 1.85 million, an increase of 24% on Summer 18.
The news means Jet2 will operate to 36 sun and city destinations in Summer 19, and today’s additional capacity means more flights and holidays to a number of popular destinations including Cyprus, Turkey, the Canary Islands, the Balearic Islands, Portugal, and m
Key developments include:
- Cyprus – Now daily services to both Larnaca and Paphos
- Turkey – More destinations served in Turkey from London Stansted than any other airline. Now up to 20 weekly services to Turkey, including daily flights to Antalya and Dalaman as well as four weekly services to Bodrum and two to Izmir
- Canary Islands – Almost 30 weekly flights, including daily and double-daily services to Lanzarote and Tenerife, as well as five weekly services to Gran Canaria and three weekly services to Fuerteventura
- Mainland Spain and
BalearicIslands – Almost 60 weekly flights in total, including daily and double-daily services to Alicante, Ibiza, Malaga, Menorca and Majorca
- Madeira – only operator to Madeira from London Stansted with weekly services increasing to four
- Portugal –
numberof services to Faro increased to 12 every week
- Greece – now over 30 weekly services to eight Greek destinations – Crete (Heraklion and Chania), Corfu, Rhodes, Kefalonia, Zante, Halkidiki and Kos