British Airways has released the latest version of TripSeeker (formerly WorldExplorer), its new flight search tool. With it travelers can search for the best flights and destinations all from ba.com.
The new tool is completely Flash-based (sorry iPad users), and has an interactive interface allowing you to click anywhere on the world map where BA will fly you. It includes features such as:
- A setting for direct flights only
- ability to set price limits
- choices for the month of the year
- choices for minimum and maxiumum temperature
- selection options for travel class
- ability to pick “activities” categories: beaches, city break, family, luxury, and ski
- zoom shortcuts for particular reigions
- ability to search for a particular city
As you choose various settings and categories, dots on the map will appear or disappear, showing you the locations that fit your criteria. You can then click on the location and get more information, such as total flight time, a description of the location, climate, and the lowest air fares for each month. Click “find” on the fare you want, and it will bring up specific flights to choose, pricing information, and ultimately allow you to pay and finalize the purchase online.
The map portion of TripSeeker is powered by Google maps, which means the interface, particularly the zoom controls, will be familiar to most users. Links for more information about locations takes the users to British Airways’ Destination Guides, which includes more background information, activities to do when you visit, weather, airports, and more.