Expedia has recently upgraded its mobile app with a set of mobile itineraries capabilities, that give the traveler up-to-date information at every stage of the journey. The app offers relevant information like airport maps, flight status, confirmation codes and addresses at the moment the traveler is most likely to need that piece of information. The addition of mobile itineraries complements the free Expedia app, which already included flight booking from more than 200 airlines, selection of more than 140,000 hotel properties and mobile-only deals.
The Expedia app Mobile Itineraries features:
- Real-time data; the app updates information automatically.
- Free flight status updates
- Itinerary sharing via email and SMS.
- Login-free itinerary access using email and itinerary number.
- One-touch access to Expedia customer service.
- Itinerary information for all bookings made on desktop or mobile. Including
- Flights. Mobile Itineraries displays confirmation code, airline, flight number, travel dates and times, gate information and flight status. Additionally, it provides a flights map showing pins for departure and arrival, as well as potential layover airports and paths between them. The app also shows airport terminal maps for over 200 major airports worldwide.
- Hotels. The Hotel Page shows hotel address, contact information and a map of where hotel is located.
- Car Rentals. Provides confirmation code, car rental company, phone number for national 800 number, local phone number and the pickup and drop-off date and time.
- Cruise. See the day your cruise starts, then tap your cruise to open up your full cruise itinerary on the web.
- Destination Services. Shows the valid start date for each activity, the date the activity expires, the number and name(s) of guests and a link to redeem vouchers, which provides barcodes for the activity.
The Expedia mobile app has been downloaded over 11 million times in 228 different countries and territories to date.