As the summer festivals season opens, DirectFlights.com has put together a series of special deals for those who want to visit certain destinations throughout Europe, that feature some of the most popular events on the continent. The offers target British travelers – there are, however, excellent airfare deals for other nationals at DirectFlights.com.
- Roskilde Music Festival (30 June – 3 July) – one of Europe’s largest rock festivals, that takes place west of Copenhagen. DirectFlights.com offers flights to Copenhagen in June/July starting from GBP157 with British Airways. Hotel available from GBP36.
- Rotterdam North Sea Jazz Festival (8-10 July) – one of the world’s largest jazz gatherings, featuring the music of Natalie Cole, Tom Jones, BB King, Chaka Chan, Seal and Prince. Flights from GBP143 with KLM, hotel available from GBP35.
- Salzburg Festival (27 July – 30 August) – featuring opera from Mozart, Strauss and Stravinsky. Hotels are available in Salzburg with DirectFlights.com starting from GBP36. Flights from GBP191 with Lufthansa.
- Edinburgh Festival Fringe (5-29 August) – featuring theatre, comedy, dance, musicals, operas, music exhibitions and events, performed by unknown and well loved names from the world of entertainment. Accommodation from DirectFlights.com starting from GBP30. Flights from GBP79 with Easyjet.
- La Tomatina (31 August) – the world’s largest food-fight, with more than 100 tons of ripe tomatoes thrown during an hour of mayhem in the city of Bunol. Hotel from GBP24 with DirectFlights.com. Flights from GBP199 with Easyjet.
These are the most popular European festivals this summer. There are, of course, many other events in other parts of Europe, and DirectFlights.com might have special deals for those too. Search the site, and compare to other offers to get the best deal.